There are a variety of ways to support the Fulfillment Fund's work to empower youth through education.
By becoming a Fulfillment Fund sponsor, your gift will help Fulfillment Fund students achieve the dream of a life-changing college education.
How Do I Become a Sponsor?
You, your family or business can become a Sponsor by making a $7,500 donation or a five-year pledge of $1,500 per year.
With $7,500 we can provide:
- 250 students with admission to Destination College, our annual conference and college fair
- 38 students with a 3 night trip to visit colleges and universities
- 30 students with a full year of classroom-based college access instruction
- 18 students with 1:1 college counseling and financial aid advising
For more information on becoming a sponsor, contact Sarah Oesterle, Director of Major Gifts, at (323) 900-8742. You can also download a form and fax it to (323) 525-3095, email it to the address above, or mail it to 6100 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 600, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
We can create a strategic giving plan that matches your philanthropic goals and interests, and provides leadership and volunteer opportunities for your employees.
Other opportunities to support students include:
- Host a mentor recruitment presentation at your organization.
- Sponsor a college scholar or a mentor team.
- Provide job-shadowing or internships for students.
- Encourage executive staff to make leadership gifts.
- Initiate an employee matching gifts program.
For more information, contact Veronica Lopez, Director of Development Operations and Alumni Relations, at (323) 900-8771.
Internship opportunities are a cooperative effort between the Fulfillment Fund, corporations, and nonprofit agencies. The goal is to help current Fulfillment Fund college students explore career options and achieve greater self-confidence in the workplace.
• Exposure to a professional work environment.
• Effective on-the-job skills.
• Preparation for possible career paths.
• A skilled, trained, and highly motivated team member.
• Potential future hire for the company
• Diverse applicant pool
The Fulfillment Fund's commmitment:
• Interns attend our trainings on business etiquette and job skills.
• Intern candidates are selected to become part of a high-quality student cohort.
• Fulfillment Fund staff serve as a contact and support to interns during their summer internship.
• Submit resumes to Intern Partners coordinating to student’s interest area.
• Offer professional work skills.
• Display enthusiasm and commitment.
• Enrolled in college with a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
The corporate commitment:
• Provide a job of at least 20-40 hours per week, for a minimum of 8 weeks during summer vacation.
• Provide a mentoring environment.
• Pay entry-level interns at least $8/hour, intermediate level interns $10/hour
and graduating senior interns with significant work experience $12/hour.